Swollen blisters on the tibia. Have staph infection. Need to go to hospital?

I have a staph infection, 2 dime sized open blisters on my right leg along my tibia near the ankle. i have an appointment w/ an internal doctor very near my vacation rental here in hawaii. in the past 10 minutes, the red swollen area around the blisters changed & became purple. i ve elevated the leg to the max & it s starting to turn back to red again & the purple is fading right before my eyes as i type this. i have an appointment in 2 hours that s in my BCBS network. should i keep the appt with them? or should i go to the hospital, which is far away & will cost me a lot more money than i have available for such an incident.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012