Swollen arm, painful, capillaries can be seen, had broken arm. Taking ibuprofen. Suggestions?

8 years ago I broke my left arm and had a plate and screws put in. It has been fine this whole time but this last year on a few occasions it has swollen up and felt painful like a bad bruise and can hurt to use. The other day it started again, and today its still swollen after taking ibuprofen and its now pink in the area and I can see the capillaries which I normally can not. It is also warmer in that area. Should I be worried? I work in a camp setting and can not get to a doctor for a week. I imagine by then it will be better. :(
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013