Swollen arm, difficulty in extending or bending post a bad fall on the elbow. Cause?

So yesterday I fell on my elbow , landing directly on it while it was at a 90 degree angle. Right after my slip I got to my feet and make sure everything was ok. I was able to move it and it was fine. A few minutes passed by and it began to rest at a 90 degree angle and my arm muscles around it got swollen, now I can t straighten it or bend it. Is this because of the swelling?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get X ray to check if there is any bony injury in the elbow.
Apply ice and Diclofenec ointment to affected part.Apply compression bandage . Movement will be pain full so go little slow with it.