Swollen areas on testicles. Need to be operated? Second opinion required?

I just came back from my Doctor who performed laproscopic surgery on my inguinal hernia . He said it either went around the mesh or there is a second one. I have two swollen areas one his hard above my left testicle and the other is bigger where the original hernia right above the first area. He now wants to operate. What are the dangers should I seek a second opinion is this normal. I am in perfect health and ride a stationary recumbent bike every day for almost two hours. no other obvious problems thanks in advance for you help. Have aetna Medicare Hmo Ins and live in smithtown NY.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012