Swollen ankles, knee pain. Osgood-Schlatter? What cure is there for it?

My 12 year old daughter has just recently started track. She has swollen ankles (without pain) but has pain in her knees to a point of not being able to even jog right. I have read some on Osgood-Schlatter Disease but that seems as though the pain should be more front & center & chin oriented. She claims her pain may be more towards the medial side of her knees. Of course the pain could be radiating to the spot she claims. I of course know to do the Advil & ice packs. My question is if she has Osgood-Schlatter what else could or would be done? She really does not want to give up her sports! We will be just starting the above described treatment. Any other suggestions at this time?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013