Swollen ankle due to injury. Hard painful lump formed. No fracture in the X-ray. Sprain?

I injured my ankle 6 weeks ago. It was severely swollen. Black and blue at the bottom of my heel. My ankle is still slightly swollen (not nearly as noticeable, but it is definitely much larger then my other ankle. There is also a hard lump above my ankle, it is tender to touch, but not a sharp pain. I was in an air cast for four weeks and am still limping if I am on my feet for longer then 15 minutes. It can become so painful that I need to stop walking. I have had x-rays done, and there is no break. I went to an orthopedic surgeon 2 weeks after my injury and he didn't seem to concerned. Is this something that is normal for a sprain?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013