Swollen ankle after surgery on the foot. Yellowish fluid discharge with itching. Need a restitching?

I had surgery on my foot on the 31st January, and went to have the stitches removed yesterday, the foot was very swollen and they had to dig the stitches out, the wound is still very open and weeping a yellowish fluid, steri strips were put on and I was told to keep the foot elevated and to come back on Monday for them to check the would, it is still very swollen today, feeling very tight and the skin itchy and is still weeping, what happens if the wound wont close, will they have to restitch?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013