Swollen and red boils on hands and legs with pus, similar eruptions on different places while on Banocide forte. Further tests required?

My husband was getting occasional boils on legs, hands which had pus .It use to grow 2-3 inch in diameter and area around looked heavily swollen and red.We did cbc and got AEC 1450 cells/cumm , esinophils 12%, wbc 0000.(random sugar check was with in limit). Doctor suggested to take 21 day course of Banocide Forte tablets.After starting this on the 4th day ,my husband again got similiar boil on his arm .This boil has lasted for 7-8 and finally bursted today.The entire area is very tender red and yet swollen. Pls suggest if this medicine is enough or should we go for some further checks.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012