Swollen and painful lymph nodes in groin, pilonidal cyst. Recommendations for pain alleviation?

My lymph node in my left groin are is very swollen and painful. I m a 30 year old female. I had my first pilonidal cyst about 6 months ago. I think I m starting to experience another. I m have an appointment Friday with a surgeon to lance the cyst but I m concerned about my immune system / swollen lymph nodes in the meantime. Any recommendations on controlling the pain and how this may effect immune system in interim?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012