Swollen and painful knee. On anti inflammatory medication. Tight and achy muscles on leg and butt cheek

About a month ago my left knee was swollen and pain ful. I also notice a swollen vein on the inside of knee. I was taking anti inflammatoru medication . Now my entire left leg aches and even my left butt cheek . . . The left leg and.butt cheek is considerably tighter than my right leg and.but cheek. I can even feel the muscles tightening thoughout the day. Even though I keep it rested
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Dear sir,
According to your history there are different issues troubling you. The most common cause for painful knees will be osteoarthritis which is very common after 40 yrs of age. The swollen vein is called a varicose vein which is commonly seen in ppl engaged in activities which require prolonged standing but again this has nothing to do with the knee pain. The other pain that you are complaining about the butt cheek and the leg pain can occur either because of a vascular obstruction or because of a neurological compression in your back. I would suggest you meet a general surgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon who will be able to guide you better.