Swollen and painful hand and fingers. On anti-inflammatory. Diagnosed as osteo-arthritis. How to get cured?

Yes thank you, I am having alot of pain in my hands and fingers in the morning more than night. But recently I have hand pain all day. I also have swelling with both hands. I fell from back spasms (back injury a yr ago) I landed on my hands and knees and since they have been swollen and painful. I have tried Ice and Heat an no help. I am already on a anti-inflamatory 2x s daily, which doesnt help. I was told by my bk pain mgmt dr. that I have Osteo- arthritis in my hands. I am only 46 yrs old. I do not want to have this out of control and my fingers twist as my mothers did. What can I try or do to relieve the pain and swelling. My salt intake is low, soda lil to none, coffee one cup daily. I am on other meds for my back could they increase swelling? I take Percocet, Flexiril, Naproxen, promethazine. What can I do? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012