Swollen and painful glands in neck and shoulder. Taken antibiotics for tonsillitis

I pretty sure that my glands in my neck and shoulder are swollen and they really hurt, constantly. They pain sometimes dulls if i lay down on my back in a very specific position. When i move my neck or talk it cause the pain to get more server. i saw a doctor on tuesday and she said that i had had tonsillitis last week and she gave me was antiboiotics and some voltarin rapid for the pain and said to take panadol with it if they don t work. Which i have been because all they do is kind of dull the pain until i move my neck and cause a sering pain behind the base of my skull on the left side. When i go to sleep i am constantly being woken up if the pain gets to much (usally when my meds run out) Sometimes i get this painfull tingley sensation across chest below my neck, when this happens i have to freeze what i m doing and stop until it is over. My breath becomes short to when this happens. Please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012