Swollen and hard tonsil, nasal block, phlegm, weight loss. History of severe chest infections. What could this be?

Hi My left tonsil is swollen and rock hard to touch. I have difficulty swallowing and eating and have lost just under half a stone of weight in three days. My nose is blocked, my throat is full of phelm and i ve had a cough for two months. I am 23, now weight 9st 10lbs have a history of severe chest infections, and had a child 10 months ago. i have never had any problems with my tonsils. what could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012