Swollen and burning vagina during and after sex ?

When my girlfriend and I have sex, sometimes during sex her vagina gets swollen and sometimes it takes place after we finish having sex. She complains that its uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. Usually, this goes away in a few hours, but this time it lasted overnight and persisted to the next day. She refuses to go to the doctor. Does anyone have any idea what this means? We used protection! Can somebody help? Any input? Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
She may not be lubricated enough. Get some KY. That will help. Also rough sex could do that.