Swollen and bruised shin followed by swelling on ankle and foot, been running daily for training. Cause?

My husband was doing some kicks in his training at the police academy Mon. He woke up with his shin swollen and a little bruised. He said it did not hurt...... it burned a little that night likea scratch would have felt. The next day it was more swollen and the ankel and foot wereswollen and more bruised. Now its swellled up more to about golf all size. He has been running everyday for training.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears that he has an abscess, with the pus spreading to the ankle and foot. The other possibility is the filarial infection.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have the incision and drainage of the swelling, and use medicines, for healing.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to hasten the recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.