Switched from Sronyx to Aviane. Bleeding after intercourse. Cause?

Hi I've been on birth control pills for a little over a year now. I am 19. This month my doctor switched my birth control brand from Sronyx to Aviane. I never miss a pill and always take it at the exact same time each day. I haven't had intercourse in a few months and just two days ago my boyfriend and I had intercourse and I bled a lot. It was two days before I get my regular period and I am wondering if it was because of that. I have been getting light bleeding as well as my normal period symptoms since then.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013