Swine-Flu Precautions for Children.

My son is 12 years old, could any one suggest me children-specific precautions I need to take to protect my son from dangers of Swine-Flu? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Aug 2009
hi.
The symptoms of swineflu infection are,
Fever,cough,running nose,sore throat,body ache,head ache, chills,fatigue.
There is no specific prevention for childrens .measures like staying from crowds,washing hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water,to cover mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing.to consult the paediatrician on finding the above symptoms in your child.

I am assuming that you're a house-wife, I would like to suggest few house-hold tips to prevent against swine-flu. Throw away tissues and other disposable items used by the sick person in the trash. Wash your hands after touching used tissues and similar waste. · Keep surfaces (especially bedside tables, surfaces in the bathroom, and toys for children) clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant according to directions on the product label. · Linens, eating utensils, and dishes belonging to those who are sick do not need to be cleaned separately, but importantly these items should not be shared without washing thoroughly first. · Wash linens (such as bed sheets and towels) by using household laundry soap and tumble dry on a hot setting. Avoid ?hugging? laundry prior to washing it to prevent contaminating yourself. Clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub right after handling dirty laundry. Eating utensils should be washed either in a dishwasher or by hand with water and soap.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
There are no specific precautions for children.most important thing is personal hygiene and cleanliness.Make them wash their hands frequently.ask to keep them selves away from those who are having cough and cold.Give them nutritious diet.Avoid congested places like markets,movie theaters when there are more number of cases in the city.Do take care of minor aliments and when they have cough or cold fever etc.do consult a doctor.there is no need to panic.
Don't panic.No need to stop him from going to school.Get him a mask from the pharmacy.If there are symptoms of breathing problem, runny nose then you first take him to a nearby doctor.Do not rush to a hospital and stand in the queue just because you feel it may be swine flu.In many cases swine flu recedes like any other flu after 5-6 days and your boy may be just fine.
I am is also suffering from cold and cough and i dnt know wether it is swineflu or not but i wanted to know if it is a swine flu what are the precautions to be taken to prevent it from being spread to my 5 year old kid
My sister is a doctor she told me some preventive measures about swine flu.. and she told it is like any other flu ..i will mention few here. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after using it.. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. You may also use alcohol-based hand cleaners.Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, to avoid getting infected by germs.. Avoid close contact with sick people. If you do get sick, consider staying home from work or school.
As most of the time childrens stay in school..teachers should take care of childrens and they should be educated about the warning symptoms of swine flu...and even parents should know abt the symptoms and be carefull ...childrens who are suffering from flu like symptoms should not be sent to schools as it may lead to spread of flu..and masks should be worn by people who are suffering from symptoms....
Screening methods should be conducted in schools for children who are having flu like symptoms.... if swine flu is confirmed during screening method...they should inform the parents about this..and i feel not only for swine flu ..doctors should be engaged by all schools so that regular ...check ups are done .nowadays as schools are collecting too much fee its their responsibility to provide good health......children should be taught about hygienic practice..and teachers should also watch out for sick children
I wanted to know is there any vaccine that i can give to my kid.. pls post a reply
Even i have inquired about vaccine to a local doctor..he said that in 1976 there was some vaccine against swine flu but that vaccine itself has caused some nervous problem ...so they have withdrawn vaccine and now there is no vaccine available for swine flu vaccine....but still some experiments are under trial..we have to wait and watch...
Hi am a school teacher working in bangalore ...i want to know abt the swine flu symptoms as 3 of my students are feeling sick...and they have cough and cold ...are they sufficient to diagnose swine flu as i m more interested in preventing the spread amongst other people
I am a health worker ...working in a community health care i was educated about the warning symptoms,,, the exact symptoms will be similar like normal viral flu they are Fever above 100.4 °F Cough Sore throat Headache Chills Muscle aches Diarrhea Vomiting