Swimming in the pool, water in ears, ear wax, pus. Ear pain after using cotton swabs to remove water. Cause of concern?

After the going to the swimming pool, I ve noticed that water seemed to stay in my ear longer than usual. Today after the pool, my ears felt weird and so my friends took a flashlight and looked into my ears. They saw that my canal was completely blocked by ear wax varying from colors of white and yellow. They also saw that it seemed like pus and looked moist (checked again 5 hours later and still looked moist). Is this a serious matter that needs medical attention or is it just earwax that needs to be picked? I also developed a minor pain in my right ear after putting my finger and cotton swabs in an attempt to take the water out. I read online about swimmer s ear and ear infections. I do not have redness, swelling , or any other symptoms. Just the inner parts of my ear seem to have complications.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012