Swimmer, have repeated occurrence of pressure in ear, distorted hearing, maintain good ear hygiene. What is the cause?

So about a week ago, I got this weird pressure in my ear, and every time someone talks or I talk, it literally sounds like a robot voice, like EVE from Wall-e. Some of the notes are also distorted when I play the piano. I am a swimmer, but I always keep my ears well cleaned after every single practice, but this started during a week that I wasn t doing any swimming at all. It sometimes will go away for a while (either that or I don t notice it), but the past couple of days it hasn t let up at all. HELP!
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Thanks for choosing HCM.
You may have mild mid-ear infection with blocked Eustachan tubes due to cold / swimming etc.
Please do throat gargles with warm salt water, put some decongestant nasal drops in the nose & take plenty of warm liquids frequently.
If it persists see an ENT doctor.