Swelling, tingling in lips after gardening. Put ice, reduced. Causes for symptoms?

this is going to sound weird but about 30-40 mins ago i was in my garden messing with the asparagus plants & then went over to the strawberry patch to weed it & then all of a sudden my top right lip starts to feel funny & tingly & swelling , i rushed inside to check it out & i put ice on it, it is starting to go back down now, i m just wondering what might have caused this? I also ate a handful of unsalted peanuts before going outside, but i eat peanuts all the time. please help
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012

Most probably an allergic reaction to any herb you were in contact. If the swelling does not go away by putting cold compresses, and other symptoms like sneezing, difficulty breathing, etc. go to ER immediately.

You can take oral antihistaminics for a couple of days until the swelling disappears.

Hope it helped!