Swelling, pain under eyes, stinging sensation, redness, recently had a cold. Causes?

The area under my eyes is swollen and it hurts - it stings and it is red... could I be allergic to something? I am using the same products I always use- it feels like every time I apply cream it will literally peel off my face. Only around my eyes. I did have a cold a week ago and lots of eye goop - from it. What can I do to soothe under eye area?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Hi Julia,

This seems to me some type of allergy which is causing this porblem to your skin around eyes. If this is because of using some sort of cream and you start feeling this problem, than I would suggest you to stop using that cream. This can be because of that cream only.
Otherwise make sure that this is not some sort of insect bite or infection that is causing this to you.
If you are experiencing this many times and with same presentation than it could be most likely an allergic reaction only and I would suggest to consult some dermatologist regarding this.

Thanks and take care