Swelling, pain in pierced tragus. Any infection?

I have had my tragus pierced for about 13 years and have never had any issues with it. Last week I noticed it was a little tender. I thought perhaps it is because i wear my earbud headphones alot in that ear to talk on the phone for work and it was irritated. Over the weekend it has gotten swollen and a painful to the touch. It is not red and does not have pus draining BUT painful to move or touch and it is clearly swollen. Infection? Should I go see my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012

Definitely it is infection of Tragus. The redness might occur after few days. There is a swelling of affected part. You consult either dermatologist or ENT surgeon. After few investigations, antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs may be prescribed. Do not press or squeez the affected part. You may be improved.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD