Swelling, pain in feet after hip replacement. Ultrasound clear. Cure?

My husband had a hip replaced nearly 3 weeks ago. Everything went fine and he was making great progress in recovery. 3 days ago his operated leg foot swelled more than usually and became so painfull even when touched so, he had to stop his PT. His doctor performed USG (doppler) and everything is fine. How can I help him
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013

I have studied your case.

You need to start physiotherapy again to reduce swelling.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.e cardiac origin of edema

Investigate for cardiac origin of edema.
Take medication like trypsin to reduce swelling.

Hope this helps. Wish her a speedy recovery.