Swelling, pain and redness in the hand spreading to the finger. Lump on the head. Worried

My left hand has been swelling and showing redness and some heat with allot of pain. The pain goes into the thumb and also shoots upward into the arm. theis is only the first query and I also have anothhher that is of some worry to me. Recently I have noticed that I have a lump on the back (left side) of my head. I especially notice it when I brush my hair. It is of a sizeable size---one that is easily found.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013