Swelling, pain and numbness in hand after shot of heroin. Treatable at home?

my boyfriend did a shot of heroin into his wrist and he thinks he missed. Usually the lump from missing a shot goes away in a few minutes. But it has been over 4.days the lump has gotten bigger now his hand is starting to swell . His fingers are going numb and he can t.use his hand. The pain is severe and throbs. It is a nasty color red, like infection red. The top layer is all fill of liquid. He pulled the top layer of soon off whichhad pus and now it is oozing a yellow liquid. what is it? He won t go to the doctor. Is this able to be treated at home?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013