Swelling on the hand, bruised index finger after an injury. White spot formation. what is it?

I have hit my right hand against a a sharp Electrical box. My hand was clenched in to a fist as I was putting on my coat and extended my arm , apparently with great force. I put a cold pack on my hand for 45 min or so. It did swell up slightly and it was difficult to make a fist And was very tendOer. It is now 4 days later, I have very little pain and no swelling. My index finger is deeply bruised down to the knuckle and around towards my thumb and into my middle finger. Inside the purplish bruising there is a visible white bump that appears raised. It is tender to touch, but is fine otherwise. Any suggestion or explanation about the white spot? Is this something that should mend on it s own or should I consult a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013