Swelling on side of head after falling. Reduces briefly when slept on hard surfaces. Solution?

Hi i hit my head hard on the road around october last year! There was only swelling on the side of my head which isn t visible unless it is felt! But while i tried reducing the swelling, it got larger everyday! The hair of the affected dropped off and it is so visible that i wear a cap everyday. The lump reduces whenever i rest the swollen part on the rug or carpet at times, but returns to its size after some minutes! It looks awful when i look into the mirror, is there anything that can be done to it
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013