Swelling on shoulder & base of neck, chin numbness & sore ear canal. Could an ear problem cause swelling?

I have swelling in the pocket of my shoulder near the clavicle and the left side near the base of my neck. The swelling has come on suddenly. I didn t notice it until this evening and I don t think it was there this morning. There seems to be some slight numbness in my chin and my ear canal feels a little sore. Could an ear problem cause swelling in the neck. It feels like fluid. It doesn t feel like lymph node swelling. This is throughout the shallow area in the shoulder.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012