Swelling on lip with a whitish patch resembling a canker sore, no pain, no bleeding on scratching. What could it be?

A few days a go my bottom right lip started to swell.I didn t think much of it.the next day it swelled a Little more but no it had a clear whiteish patch in the area of the swelling . The patch kinda resembles a canker sore or a flat blister .it is very slightly raised.the next day the patch got slightly in between the center of the lip and the corner.but its not touching my corner. When I close my mouth regularly I would say 60% of the patch can be seen without having to Open my mouth or move my lips .it is not painful at all and thought it might be thrush so I scratched it to see if it would bleed but it didn t. Please let me know.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013