Swelling on legs and stomach, severe discomfort. Being a wood worker, have changed breathing habits. Could that be a cause?

I m at home and have for the last 4 days been experiencing swelling of the legs and stomach . So bad that it makes me uncomfortable to sleep or rest. Prior to this I am a woodworker and did a all day job of sanding Redwood in a closed garage without a mask. This really messed up my lungs to the point of having to changing my breathing habits from deep slow breaths to fast short shallow ones. Could this cause the swelling in my body?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013