Swelling on left side of lip, lump formed, drained pus. Cleaned with alcohol, lump reappeared. Treatment?

I kissed my husband after he came in from work yesterday evening. He is a welder and metal/steel fabricator so I expect him to have dirt on his face. The left side of my bottom lip is extremely swollen and I made a little incision and drained then cleaned it with alcohol, but it came back a bit bigger. It lasted through the night and I m wondering if there could have been a bit of metal on his face that could have irritated it? It has never happened before and i m confused.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You have probably got some sort of infection from your husband,though you have drained some puss from the lump formed due to infection,but source of infection is still there.I would suggest you to consult a physician who will be able to prescribe you antibiotic for infection and may drain the puss if required.
Hope this answered your question.