Swelling on face. No pain, not movable. Headache. What can be done?

Hi Doctor, Iam Jim. In July 2011 I started noticing a small swelling on my face above the right eye socket. It continued to appear untill October of the same year I went to the hospital. The doctor recommended X-Ray which was done but no proper result was got. He advised me to wait for it to increase in size then return so that they could remove it. As of now, it has reached the size of a peanut, but my worry is, it is the skull that is swelling; when touched, it doesn't pain and doesn't move either. Once in a while I get very serious headache that lasts a day. I understand it is called bone lump. What can I do doctor? how can it be removed since it is the skull that swells, and if operated, will it not come again or cause pain? Kindly help.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013