Swelling on anus, discomfort on washing, pain on touching. Using candiderma cream. Treatment?

Sir, I have just developed a small swelling at the tip of the anus in the last 2-3 days. Stool was not very hard recently, but wasn t soft either. It could either have been due to that, or maybe I had accidentally hurt myself while washing. But this is just about 2-3 days old..it isn t hurting or bleeding , but it is an uncomfortable feeling when i wash myself. When the fingers gently scrub the area during washing, it hurts slightly. My doctor friend suggested Candiderma cream. Not much effect really although I have just used it for a day. Will be grateful if you can suggest something...Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Hi
It could be Sentinel pile,skin tag at the tip of the anus due to fissure in ano.
It occurs when you pass hard stool.
You should take high fiber diet and take plenty of fluids.
If the swelling does not subside,consult a surgeon and get it removed.
Nothing to worry.
IT will be a small procedure.
Wish you good health

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.