Swelling of legs and eye. Diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy and microalbuminuria. On Insulin and Telmisartan. Cure?

respected sir. My father has been a diabetic patient for almost 15 years. right now he has been diagnosed diabetic retinopathy and microalbuminuria. He is on insulin therapy and has been prescribed telmisartan 80 mg once a day. he also has undergone laser therapy for his vision problem. presently he has swelling of both legs since 2 years. it gets relieved in the morning and is prominent in the evening. he also complains of swellling around the eyes. do you think this drug therapy is appropriate? is his eyesight recoverable? and what could be done for this swollen legs and eyes.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013