Swelling of knee after falling, using crutches, brace, difficulty in lifting leg. Need for knee surgery?

Hi I fell and twisted my knee at a friends party and after that it immediately swelled up and hurt too bad to walk on it. Now I can somewhat walk on it but I still need to use crutches and a brace for support. Some of the swelling has gone down but there s still a lot of fluid and when I try to lift up my leg without any help, it takes almost all of my strength to do it. Do you think I will need knee surgery or is it just a sprain?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012