Swelling, looks like solid lump on left side of face front of ear. Had tooth removal from left jaw. Causes ?

I have developed a swelling with what feels like a solid lump under it (like bone) of oval shape around 10 mm long and 6-7 mm at its widest point at the side of my face (left) in front of the ear. A cyst type growth is also visible - that seems to have increased from 3-7mm in diameter. My GP prescribed flucloxacillin for 10 days at high strengh to combat what seemed to be un underlying gland based infection - there was an increase in lumpy spots spreadingout from the area over my face and down my neck . My facial skin improved a bit although it has not cleared entirely. I have had two teeth removed from upper left jaw a month before this problem appeared and there has been some jaw pain radiating from the lump area across my face since then; this has not gone entirely but has ddecreased in last few weeks. Th elump itself in front of my ear does not appear to have decreased in size and has a purplish hue visible under the skin. What is going on? Should I return to doctor or dentist for further investigations?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012