Swelling in the shin after doing box jumps. At high risk for DVT. Reason for swelling?

I hit my shin doing box jumps after my workout I notice a big lump where I hit my shin. i could walk on it fine to begin with but through-out the day it got more painful and causing me to limp. The swelling has no longer a knot but has spread and is about 7 inches long (along the tibia ) and 3 inches wide. A little back ground info, This has happened once before where another player and I crashed our shins together. It was the same leg and around the same spot, same swelling and pain. I had a xray taken and no signs of broken bones. A little family history, my mother s blood clots easily and her mom and brother both died from strokes. I don t smoke and rarely drink. I am a male. It has only happened on this leg not on the other. The doctor I saw said I am at high risk for DVT and could be the cause for the massive swelling happening twice. The question is, Is this the most likely answer of the massive swelling or is there a more likely answer?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012