Swelling in the palms of right hand, moving restricted. Advice?

I punched my chair in a fit of anger, and now i have swelling about an inch above the wrist on the pinky side of my right hand . it hurts to grasp anything tightly, and movement is restricted (Can not bend the wrist back past the straight position without great difficulty/pain) otherwise I can move all fingers fine without issue, so long as I dont over extend my fingers. Is this something which will pass on it s own accord, or something which i would need medical attention for. I d only just done it about 7 hours ago, so since it happened it has improved. However, i haven t the money at present to seek medical attention.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012