Swelling in the lower back, pus formation on the buttocks. Treatment?

I fell last weekend, and so the next few days I thought the swelling on my low back was related to that but after a few more days I noticed that it was pink/red and hurt when I say in certain positions. Then yesterday I noticed a bit of pus like substance that smells came out a little, from the top of my butt crack. I used a hot compress to see if it would help and it did a little. And I was wondering what it could be and what the at home regimen I could use. I can t go to a doctor because I have no insurance now, and am a student.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013