Swelling in the leg after being hit. Washed with peroxide. Pinkish red color. Is this healing?

I am 50, 6 4 220 pounds and two days ago I rammed my shin head on into the bottom of a table. The area was scrapped and bruised bad, not much blood at all. I washed it with peroxide , placed first aid cream on it and bandaged it. Next day I did the same but also added drawing salve to the bandage and wrapped it. The shin is sore (understandable), but the area directly around the impact zone is a pinkish red. No fever , can walk on it without problems. Seems a little swollen on one side. Is this the normal healing
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

It is normal to have a little swelling following a hit or a bump. Please approach a physician to get diclofenac with serratiopeptidase to help it heal better. If the swelling or the pain worsens then it needs further investigations in the form of x ray

I hope I was of help