Swelling in the leg after an injury.No fracture in the x-ray. Do I need an MRI scan?

This summer in July I got my left leg caught between two boats. Since then I have had swelling and pain on the lateral middle part of the fibula . I went to an ortho surgeon in September and an x ray was taken. No fracture and the doctor reported The swelling will go away over time. Since then I have not noticed any major swelling or any if that. However, I just got back from Hawaii and before we were about to board the plane home I noticed increased swelling in my left leg, more than it has every been and my leg felt hard, but no pain. Do I need to get a MRI and is something major going on that I need to get checked out.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012