Swelling in the jaw after a face lift. Hematoma diagnosed. Will it go away?

I had a facelift three weeks ago. I bruise very easily, fair skin so I was expecting the bruises. Three days ago I got a large swelling on jaw, went to PS and he said it was a hematoma and we would watch it and he thought it would go away by itself. I have started getting lymphatic massage and moist heat. My question is do you think it will go away and how long does it take? Also would a heating pad be OK or stick to warm shower and wet wash cloth? Do you agree to the lymphatic massage? It really relaxes my head and neck
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013