Swelling in the hips after falling from stairs, painful if palpated directly. Advice?

Two weeks ago I fell down our stairs and hit my left buttock on the edge of the stair. I had considerable swelling at the time which morphed into huge nasty bruises (I still have about 1/2 the bruising). I used ice at first and since have used heat and Arnica 3x a day. It is much improved but I still have a lump at the impact site. The swelling has steadily improved but through internet searches I have found some that said it never went away?!? The lump is still painful if I palpate it directly but otherwise causes no discomfort.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012