Swelling in the face and head. Due to psychiatric problem?

My mother has internal swelling on her face and head .... she has consulted a neurologist , he suggested to contact a psychiatrist . Now, when she consulted a psychiatrist , he said its cz of tension . He wrote so many medicines . She has so many medicines to eat but the swelling is still there . I cannot see her like this please help.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Cases for only swelling is not referred to psychiatrist. There may be other issues too, affecting her condition. Many time these cases are difficult to solve.

In person history, mental status examination and general physical examination are needed to diagnose
and treat such cases. Many time treatment with psychotropic medicines take 4-6 weeks to show response, so if treatment is started recently, then wait for some time to see response.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Dr. Ashish Mittal