Swelling in the eye after trying to remove the cat hair from the eye. What should be done now?

I got cat hair in my eye. I tried to get it out using my finger , then flushing it. Now it is swollen, uncomfortable, and my eye actually looks abnormally shaped. My eye feels soft and seems to have a pouch of fluid that i can move around a bit on it. I figure I just irritated my eye by poking it with my finger, but I m still a bit worried. Do I need to go to the emergency room or ice it, or what should I do? Do I need to be alarmed?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear user
If you are sure that cat hair is inside the eye on the surface of the eye it needs to be removed as the retained hair can get secondarily infected or it can cause a condition called as ophthalmia nodosa. Since the hair needs to be removed please consult your ophthalmologist.