Swelling in the clitoris after intercourse. Is this normal?

Me & my boyfriend had sex last night and he gave me head. It was my first time ever getting it from anyone. He was kind of rough and it felt good at first but then it started to hurt so we stopped. Right after that though my clit swelled up, like it was HUGE. Is that normal? The swelling went down since last night but still I just want to know if that's normal before I go running of to a doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Any area of the body would swell in response to trauma. This is due to the release of various chemicals in the blood stream that cause increase fluid in the tissue spaces.

The swelling is as a result of trauma to the clitoris. The degree of swelling would depend on the extent of force used and any trauma that occurs.
If the stimulation is mild then it is quite likely that no swelling would occur.

I hope this helps