Swelling in the chin after a tooth extraction. Is this the hematoma formation?

i have a hematoma from a tooth extraction that occurred on tuesday. the dentist took me to the ER and they called an oral surgeon who said there was nothing they can do about it, except what I ve already read, heat, compression, etc. The hematoma is not getting smaller like they said it probably would. This morning I woke up and it has come down into my lymph node. I can feel that the swelling is now under my chin when yesterday it was just on my cheek. Should I go back to the ER? I hate to do that if there s nothing they can do. What do I do???
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013