Swelling in the area after being bitten by a dog six months back. Advice?

One year ago I was bitten by a dog. The wood healed, with seemingly no issues. For the past six months (so, six months post the bite and healing ) I have had a large (size of a walnut in shell), hard swelling at the bite site. It is tender to the touch and my hand is in moderate pain. I am not able to push or stress the hand because of the pain that comes with the effort. Should I be worried about an infection at this late date? Is it just swelling and will go away, but it has been six months of swelling? Or could there be broken bone, etc. inside? Thank You.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012