Swelling in the ankle on long walks, pain on moving the foot sideways. Had sprained the foot post slipping. Treatment?

I slipped down 4or5 stairs 8wks ago dr said i sprained my foot the pain was unbarable on the top of my foot and aling the inside of my left foot. 3wks later a small crack was visable on xrays no cast given sweeling went down wks later but no still 8wks later i can hobble around at home but very painfull if i go out for more than half hour or so my ankle swells jelly like lumps that change pisition on my outter ankle foot is still very very painfull and hard to walk any distance life is so painfull with this foot pain so much i cant do i can mive my foot up and down but definatley not side to side please help
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012