Swelling in shin after doing karate. Having faint pain. Due to a torn muscle?

I was training with someone in karate and I kicked the same time as my partner. Unfortunately for me my partner beat me to it and his foot directly kicked my shin on the inner side of my right leg directly in the middle, (my shin pad had been turned to the side without me realizing it so I felt the full thing). I m not dumb, but I guess because all of the adrenaline I did not realize how bad it was until I started to take my gear off. When I touched my leg it was indented and had a weird squishyness to it where it was impacted as well as swelling above and below it against my shin. That was about a week ago and there is still swelling above and below the spot that was impacted as well as a dent where it was impacted (not to the naked eye, but pretty gross when you touch it.) It does not have a serious pain while walking more of a faint pain, but if I jump or walk a step too long it hurts me. In addition when I touch it, there s a really sharp pain in my leg. I don t think it is broken because I would be able to feel it right? Maybe tore a muscle there? I don t know.. anything would help!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013